It's a jungle out there. There's always a moment when the zucchinis take over, or try to.
The best defense is a good offense, so I say, Let them Be Cake!
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Spray a 26 cm (10 1/4 in) springform pan with cooking spray
Preheat oven to 325F
1/3 cup light olive oil (or a mixture of EV olive oil and vegetable oil)
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup double-Dutch cocoa powder
2 T Black cocoa powder (optional) or regular cocoa powder
2 tsp instant coffee powder
2 cups shredded zucchini, heaping
3 ounces Callebaut dark Belgian chocolate, chopped small (or similar)
1. In electric mixer with whisk attached, combine olive oil, apple sauce, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk. Mix.
2. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients (baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder) and whisk until combined.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix well.
4. Fold in zucchini and chopped chocolate completely.
5. Pour into prepared springform pan; bake at 325 for 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
6. Cool pan on rack.
7. Slice and serve plain, or with powdered sugar, chocolate glaze topping, or creme anglaise