SOTB: It's a great drink.
But these delicate squares of sponge cake have all the flavor without the hangover. Fiori di Sicilia and peach jelly flavor the cake, topped with peach/pomegranate glaze. They are easy to make! Try them and think about summer.
I have quite a bit of peach jelly on hand, which inspired this recipe:
Makes 18 teacakes
Heat oven to 325F
Spray a 12-cake square mini-cake pan with baking spray
Gather the ingredients
6 egg yolks
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup peach jelly
1 cup sugar
1 tsp Fiori di Sicilia or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp orange liqueur
1 1/4 cup flour
3 T corn starch
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1. Beat yolks until light, add sugar.
2. Boil water and jelly, beat into the yolk mixture for 2 minutes.
3. Add Fiori di Sicilia, beat in well
4. Add dry ingredients, beat one minute more.
5. Fill cake molds half full.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown, remove from molds and cool on rack
7. Peach/Pomegranate glaze [optional]:
Combine 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 4 T peach jelly, 1 T light corn syrup, 2 T pomegranate juice, and 2 T softened butter in deep bowl. Whip until thick and glossy.
8. Dip the top of each cake in glaze, giving it a twist as you lift it out. Dry on rack.